SASSY X LIVING ALIVE BRING YOU THE WELLNESS WALK HONG KONG
What is it?
The girls at Sassy Hong Kong and Living Alive have teamed up to bring you a game-changing wellness walk around the heart of Hong Kong – it aims to innovate, educate and spread wellness to the world. Featuring food vendors, fitness centers, wellness clinics, and a range of healthy product providers and services all around Central and Sheung Wan area. Think of it as Vogue’s Fashion Night Out of the wellness world.
Wellness is a conscious choice
What’s a conscious choice?
A conscious choice is one where you’re fully aware and mindful about every decision you make. You can see clearly and fully understand all the consequences; short term and long term of every action. It means you have more awareness on the impact you have on the world and the world has on you. In today’s world the hustle and bustle of life can often take over and you don’t have time to explore, experiment or find what is right for you to live a fulfilling, fit and disease free life. Their vision is to change this.
By providing you with an incredible mix of products, activities, events and other material educating on well being thus leading you to a conscious choice that works for them.
They believe that happy, healthy people are more efficient, preform better at home and work and contribute to a grander society.
All the Details
When: Saturday, 9 May 2015, 10am-6pm
Where: All over Central and Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
How much: $400 per person
Buy Tickets: HERE
Simply buy your ticket to enjoy a full day of wellness activities. Head on over to Lot 5 in Soho first to register for the walk, pick up your full guide with all the timings and venues and enjoy a health and wellness bazaar while you’re there! Start the summer off feeling good – inside and out!
LOT 5 is a pop-up space in the heart of Soho, perched on the corner of Staunton Street and the Central Escalator. Featuring bright, open interiors and 900sq ft. of fully customisable, multi-functional space, LOT 5 is a versatile pop-up retail, event and exhibition space with endless possibilities. LOT 5 supports emerging talent and works with leading brands to bring the city a treasure trove of alluring creations and unique experiences.
Check out the amazing list of all health and wellness businesses in the Sheung Wan/Central area, all of which will be taking part in the Wellness Walk!
- Genie Juicery: Head to IFC for yummy tasters and info about their juices and other healthy products
- Integrated Medicine Institute (IMI): Experience some of IMI’s high quality natural supplements and weightloss shakes and chat to their Integral Health Advisor. You’ll also get exclusive one-day discounts on selected natural supplements plus a $100voucher on over the counter natural supplements.
- Bamboa: All the lifestyle products at Bamboa are not only beautiful but also help sustain rural communities and local artisans. Stop by to check out their products and pick up a free bamboo tooth brush!
- The Awakening: We love this Paleo spot in Sai Ying Pun (check out our full review here), so make sure you stop by to try some free snacks and listen to a talk on the philosophy behind food and cooking healthy.
- Anything But Salads: We love this health food store set up by our former That Girl, Callie. Stop by to pick up mini coconut parfait pots and receive a 10% discount on all in-store products.
- nood food: Re-fuel and taste two bite-sized samples from nood food and one sampler drink… think Quinoa Salad, Corn, edamame, pomegranate salad, Eggplant salad and kale & avocado salad washed down with a Green Envy or Flower Power drink!
- Sweet Secrets: Satisfy your sweet tooth by munching on some delicious treats at Sweet Secrets Healthy Snack Tasting!
- Locofama: Grab a mocktail and a snack at this healthy eatery in Sai Ying Pun! You’ll also get to try yoga with Play With Cora at 10.30am and 4pm and grab a secret healthy juice after class.
- Sohofama: Pick up a fresh coconut and a cold noodle salad from Sohofama from 1-4pm.
- Luxe Nova: Have a cuppa of some of their Organic Tea after your yoga session with Win Sie Tow (Whimsical Yoga).
- Bikini Fit: Work out with one of our favourite fitness companies from 11-11.30am and stick around for an informative talk on how to balance healthy living in Hong Kong at 12-1pm. Join them for another workout at 1.30-2pm at Hong Kong Park.
- TORQ Cycle: If you love spinning, then don’t miss these free TORQ classes. Try the TORQPower Class at 11am (50 minute class), or the TORQCore, Abs Express, TORQx, TORQ Turbo or TORQHit at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm (35 minute classes).
- H-Kore: Try out a full, 45-minute class at H-Kore at either noon, 2pm and 4pm.
- XYZ: Spin out any unwanted stress at XYZ’s awesome ‘cave’ studio. Try the 44 Bike Max class at 2pm or 2.30pm, or the Open Spin Class (which is 50 minutes long at 5pm).
- Epic MMA & Fitness: From 10.30am – 5pm you can trial a mix of 30 minute classes at Epic, including AntiGravity Aerial Yoga, Yoga, Muay Thai Cardio, Boxing Cardio, MMA Cardio and Krav Maga.
- Core +: Work those abs at two Tabata or TRX Classes or at one of two Mat Pilates Classes with Core +.
- Barre 2 Barre Fitness: Take it to the barre! Barre 2 Barre will be holding classes throughout the day, so make sure you stop by to try this unique mixture of Pilates and ballet.
- Whoopee Club: Join a dance party with Whoopee Club, which starts with a short yoga session and continues with freestyle dancing at the Harbour front.
- JAB MMA: JAB MMA will be hosting a 30-minute boxing workshop at 12pm, a 30-minute fat loss training and nutrition advice session at 2pm and a 30-minute dynamic movement workshop at 4pm.
- Ape Fit: Join a session of Ape Fit and Ape Yoga at 12pm and 3pm at Botanical Gardens. Each session is 40 minutes.
YOGA AND WELLNESS CLASSES
- Yoga Bam Bam: Stretch it out at this cute yoga studio in Sheung Wan! There will be a kids yoga class from 1-1.45pm, Acro Family Yoga from 2-3pm, and Family Games on the Terrace from 3.15pm onwards.
- The Yoga Room: We’re big fans of The Yoga Room, and now’s your chance to try out two of their classes – either the Vinsaya Flow from 10-11am or the Yin Yoga from 1.30-2.30pm.
- Play with Cora: Cora, a freelance yoga teacher, will be provide free yoga classes throughout the day at Locofama… and ommmm.
- Whimsical Yoga (Win Sie Tow): Relax and work on your flexibility with this freelance yoga teacher.
- Saffron Chan: Another fabulous freelance yoga teacher will be on hand to teach classes throughout the day, so make sure you stop by!
- Mona Choi: Got a sore neck or back? Check out Mona’s Ancient Yoga Massage Workshop from 3 – 4.30pm. You’ll learn ground techniques for massaging the back and heat therapy for muscle pain.
- Oriental Health: If you’ve always wanted to try out Traditional Chinese Medicine, this is your chance! Head to Oriental Health for an individual Chinese medicine body type consultation to find out your body type is and how achieve better health with a Chinese medicine nutritionist and holistic health coach. Stop by any time from 2-4pm (consultations are 20 mins per person). There is also a workshop on how to use traditional Chinese medicine and the benefits of acupuncture to improve health from 4-5pm.
- SOL Wellness: Learn more about essential oils and raw food at SOL Wellness! They’ll have a raw food class from 1.30-2pm and an essential oils class from 2.15-3pm.
- Balance Health: Balance Health will be offering a number of different classes to get you feeling super zen! There is Introduction to Homeopathy from 3.30 – 4.30pm, Mindful Meditation Classes from 11.30 – 12.15pm, Introduction into Power Manage Yourself from 12.30 – 1.30pm, Better health with essential oils from 2-3pm, and there will also be individual consultations on how to achieve better health with essential oils from 10am-1pm and from 3.30-5pm (20 min sessions per person).
- The Santuary: Unwind with a 20 minute individual session at The Sanctuary. From 10am-noon, try out Hypnotherapy or Millennium Method or have a go at Arvigo or Reiki from 12.30-2.30pm. From 3-5pm you can try the Stone Healing or Vibrational Attunement and don’t miss the Reflective Meditation and discussion at 12pm as well as the talk on Hypnotherapy at 1pm. There will also be a Talk on Colour and Healing at 2pm and a Talk on Fertility at 3pm. Get active with a yoga session from 4.30-5.15pm. There’s also 10% off on all bookings with the practitioners.
- Stretch: Do as the name suggests and stretch at the Active Stretch Class. You’ll increase your body’s flexibility and the class is super easy to follow. Classes are at 10am, 3pm and 5pm.
- Café O: Come try out a fitness class by the ladies at Core+ 11am and 3pm followed by a smoothie tasting and 30% off products.
- Yoogaia: Join Yoogaia for a sundown hybrid yoga class (both online and offline) at an outdoor bar space in Central. There will be drinks for the first 30 people who book.
- A Day with Fé: Check out A Day With Fé’s yoga photography pop up shop. Try on an outfit from the apparel brand, strike a pose for esteemed photographer Beatrice Lee and get super cool shot of yourself! This one is open from 2-5pm.
- Sonia Samtani: This holistic healer will be on hand at Lot 5 answering any questions you may have.
- A Boy Named Sue: Eco-chic brand ABNS is known for their fashion-forward clothes that marries aesthetics and sustainability.
- Petite Pops: A little sugar for all you sweeties passing through the bazaar! It’s all super healthy and made with good quality ingredients, so you won’t feel bad for indulging on a treat.
- Cambridge Weight Plan: The consultants from CWP will be on hand to discuss this programme – for those who want to drop a few pounds in a healthy way with easy snacks and meal replacements.
- Munch Box: Known for their healthy snacks, have a taste of what this snacking delivery company has to offer at our bazaar.
- Little Things: If you’ve got sensitive skin, have a chat with the sisters who run Little Things – they have a host of products that are organic and made for those of you with skin that gets irritated easily.
- Body Awakening: Detox away with products from Body Awakening – think probiotics, food-based supplements and more. You’re guaranteed to feel a whole lot lighter and cleaner!
- Beyond Jewelry: Adorn yourself with some temporary metallic tattoos from Beyond Jewelry – you’ll look gorgeous for a night out!
Hope to see you there, can’t wait!!!